Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Easy cheesy polenta

Any recipe that's both easy and cheesy is a-okay with me. This is our own amalgam of several polenta recipes. Sorry there's no photo. The polenta vanished into our tummies before I could take a snap.

Easy cheesy polenta
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups skim milk
2 cups polenta (coarse ground cornmeal)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar

Bring liquid to a boil. Whisk polenta into liquid slowly, making sure there are no lumps. Reduce the heat. Simmer and stir constantly until thick. Remove from heat. Stir in cheddar.

A warming comfort food on this cold day. It reminds me a bit of cheese grits which just harkens back to my southern upbringing. I think next time, I'll pair it with roast brussel sprouts for a vegetarian meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I love reading your thoughts and responses.