This giveaway is now closed.
Happy Memorial Day! I hope you're having a good day, enjoying the freedoms defended by those we honor today. We spent a glorious day at Wingaersheek Beach. Well...glorious once Pretzel Boy recovered from the shattering news that he was forbidden to boogie board there.
So here I sit, sandy and salt-watered and possibly a touch sunburned. But what a day! Catching a tiny live starfish. Clambering over rocks and through tidal pools. Finding the most enormous (alive) surf clam. Beautiful. Even with the haze that we later learned was from forest fires in Quebec. Really. We're that close to Quebec? In Austin, we'd suffer from wildfires in Mexico. Now it's our northern neighbor.
I'm running late so I'll cut out the blither blather. To celebrate the first anniversary of A Bluebonnet in Beantown, I'm giving away a Wüsthof serrated bread knife and birch cutting board set.
Yes. My other giveaway was a knife. No. I don't have a thing for keen-edged objects. Well, I guess I have a thing for good knives and other well-designed and useful kitchen gadgets. Maybe I am a bit foodie.
The 6" bread knife is laser cut from a single piece of high-carbon rust resistant alloy. The blade's scalloped edge allows for an easy cut without crushing or tearing. The handle's ergonomic pebble grain finish is smooth and slip resistant. The cutting board, 12 3/8"L x 6 3/8"W x 1/2"H, is a handy size for bagels or small loaves. The board is finished with natural oils for a satin finish. Made in Germany. Retail value is $60.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment here, telling me what is your favorite kitchen gadget or utensil. This qualifies you for one entry.
How to gain additional entries:
You must submit each additional entry as a separate comment.
- Add this post to your blog: "Enter a great giveaway for a Wüsthof serrated bread knife and birch cutting board set at A Bluebonnet in Beantown (http://bluebonnetinbeantown.blogspot.com/2010/05/first-anniversary-giveaway.html)." linking to this blog post for three extra entries. Please provide a link to your blog.
- Tweet this giveaway for one additional entry per tweet. Please provide link. (Once daily)
- Contest is open to the residents of the U.S. only. Sorry to my international readers. You must be 18 or older.
- This contest ends on Monday, June 7, at 10:00 pm EST.
- Winner will be announced Thursday, June 10.
- Any entries after the deadline will be deleted.
- Only one person per household may enter. By entering, you agree to forfeit your prize if it's determined that you entered under more than one name/email.
- Winner will be chosen at random via Random.org generator.
- Winner has 48 hours to respond by email or another winner will be chosen.
- Leave your email address in your entry.
- If you don't leave your email address in your entries, make sure your profile is public.
- Please comment on this post only when entering.
Thank you all, my readers. I appreciate the time you take out of your day to visit my blog, and I hope you find the smiles and chuckles, information, or inspiration that you hoped to find. Good luck!