Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blue Hills

While Pretzel Boy and Will wheelied and flew over ramps and had much boyish bicyclish fun, the girls and I explored the Blue Hills Reservation. It's hard to believe that Blue Hills are so close to Boston. Seven thousand acres with 125 miles of trails to explore. It makes me want to lace up my boots, grab a water bottle and gorp, and go.





We circled Houghton's Pond, winding our way through shaded trails, walking on felled tree balance beams, and peering into the pond for fish.



I stumbled across the tiniest sproutling growing out of a felled tree trunk. But darn! I need a macro lens.



We ended up at the Houghton Pond beach. The girls promptly shook off their shoes, rolled up their pants, and splashed into the tea-colored water. We all ended up damp and sandy and happy.



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! I just got my macro and I love it ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! A macro is on the tiptop of my wish list. I do have a birthday coming. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I love reading your thoughts and responses.