Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh! oh! oh!

I am so disgusted!

And after this, you will be too. So fair warning to all squeamish readers and to those who may be reading before mealtime.

I was going to toss out the leftovers from my husband's birthday cake. I peeled off the aluminum foil and glanced down, preparing to scrape the remains into the trash can. There were these odd little things in the pan. Tiny little dark brown twisted things.

Mouse poo!!!

And in confirmation, one corner of cake/frosting was chewed off.

Ick! Ick! Ick!

What is it with this house! First squirrel pee on the threshold and now mouse poo in my kitchen?!?

Ick! Ick! Ick!

I seriously want to bleach my entire kitchen. And possibly the soles of my feet for walking on that floor barefoot. And possibly all of my plates, bowls, glasses, and silverware. It does not help that my thirty-plus year old vinyl floors are already scarred and constantly dirty looking.

This is just repulsive. I swear that we are not unclean people. I wipe the table and counters multiple times daily. I put away food in appropriate containers and in appropriate places. There are no open bits of whatever just laying about. But mice! Mice infestation! Ugh! And not a polite mouse like Anatole.

For those of you who were thinking about visiting, please don't let this sway you. I promise that we will deal with this mouse infestation. Swiftly and ruthlessly. We will not be serving you rodent droppings.

For now, pardon me while I do the grossed-out dance through my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I love reading your thoughts and responses.