Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Deal flash: Half-price tickets at the 7th Annual Mayor's Holiday Special

The kind folks at ArtsBoston let me know today that the 7th Annual Mayor's Holiday Special website is up for the season. This partnership between the Mayor’s Office of Arts, Tourism and Special Events, the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau, and ArtsBoston enables folks to purchase half-price tickets to 100 area shows. Shows include Boston Ballet's The Nutcracker, Boston Symphony Orchestra's Holiday Pops, Radio City Christmas Spectacular, It's Christmas Time presented by the Reagle Music Theatre, BalletRox's Urban Nutcracker, and performances of Handel's Messiah.

This year, you can also find a free click-and-print coupon for $10 restaurant voucher (for $10 off a $10 purchase at participating restaurants). This voucher is good through January 1, 2011 with a few blackout dates.

Call me childish or hopelessly naive or steeped in Hallmark. The holiday season is my very favorite time of year. There's just something magical about it. Some essence of hope and love and gingerbread and wood smoke. And the carols. And watching The Grinch (our old favorite) and Elf (our new favorite). I can't wait to browse through the website's free/low-cost activities and their kids & families section. Since I'm so new to the area, I'm still searching for activities and events to build our family's New England holiday traditions.

Last year, I discovered Brookline's wonderful 1st Light Festival. This year, I'm so excited about sharing The Nutcracker with my daughters for the first time. As the temperatures dip and trees etch the sky with newly bare branches, it's beginning to feel like the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I love reading your thoughts and responses.