Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome to the 21st century

It's about time. Our kitchen now has running water and electricity. Not everywhere, but where it counts: dishwasher, refrigerator, and microwave. Time to wipe down surfaces and start moving back!

Not a moment too soon, by the way.

With three children in three different schools with three different schedules, I'd pretty much accepted that sooner or later, I'd forget a child. I didn't appreciate just how soon it would be. Of course, it was the littlest who was the forgotten child. I'd ordered breakfast à deux at a local diner with my husband. Just as I was exhaling gratefully, the teacher called to tell me that my child was waiting. No, it was not her first full day. In fact, I was already twenty minutes late. I bolted, stranding Will in the restaurant with two omelets and all the trimmings. No, he did not eat it all.

The rest of the day was just as frenzied, and I came home again too late to take any photos. So here are a couple of oldies. They make me happy. I hope they make you smile too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I love reading your thoughts and responses.