Monday, September 27, 2010

A few of my favorite things

"Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings,
These are a few of my favorite things."

Large Franke Orca in beautiful stainless,
Wide and so deep as to hold all of my mess.
"Ledge grid for drying, oh yes," my heart sings.
This is but one of my favorite things.


Dishwasher near to the drawer that holds
Plates, large and small, and our cereal bowls.
Ease of unloading proximity brings.
This is but one of my favorite things.



A grilled cheese sandwich that's evenly done;
Speed and control, they both make cooking fun;
All of this joy that my new kitchen brings;
These are a few of my favorite things.


(Sorry, my friends. I had a heavy-water-bottle-meets-big-toe incident this afternoon. Apparently, I burst into rhyme in my post-painkiller delirium. Good night from the girl with the vivid blue toe.)

5 comments:

  1. I can see that you are a fan of the Fiesta. My gran was an antique dealer in from the 50's to the 90's in MA and I grew up sleeping in the Winnebago at Brimfield for the weekend. What adventures! She started my Mom collecting fiesta. recently mom moved from VA back to ME finally and she gave me her Fiesta collection to sell on ebay. Honestly if you would like to come and look (I live in Newton)at what we have I would be happy to send off any pieces you might collect at a song. I'd really love to see it go to someone who loves it rather than list it and send it off. The sink makes me drool - wait til you see mine....tiny!

    http://amusebouche.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, What stories you must have from your childhood! Do you blog about it? I've wanted to go to Brimfield ever since I first moved here, but haven't yet. Maybe when my children are a bit older, I'll have time to go and have a long, leisurely scout around. You are so tempting me with the Fiesta!! I would love to take a look, but I really should not be buying a thing. The kitchen put quite an impressive ding in our budget, and we still have the pantry to finish. I am so very tempted though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll still keep you in mind because in the end the price might just be free, please come take them away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, you sound like me with my children's toys. I really want to leave a huge box of Playmobil on a friend's stoop. The only thing holding me back is the knowledge that she would absolutely kill me. No storage seems to be a common problem in these parts. Definitely keep in touch (Fiesta or no)!

    Gena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I love reading your thoughts and responses.