Monday, July 26, 2010

Blustery day for butterfly bush

I've wanted to take photos of our butterfly bush for weeks now.


It sprawls overgrown, arcing at shoulder-height over the path to our front door, nudging visitors onto the grass. It thrums with life...bees of various sizes, a spectacular butterfly, and tiny, nondescript, energetic butterflies.


This morning, I finally had a few spare minutes. Today was a blustery day. Branches dipped and swooped in the gusts. It was a difficult day to shoot. As soon as I'd have a subject in focus, the entire branch would drop out of frame.

It was as difficult for the insects. The elegant butterfly flattened its wings against the wind.



And as the branch bucked and swayed, the butterfly tacked its wings against the gusts. Angling. Reacting. Riding the tossing blossoms.


I've been feeling a bit like that lately. Like an insect hanging onto a wildly bucking branch on a gusty day. But like the bees, I'm blown off, correct course, and I try again. Nervewracking, but at least I'm surrounded by flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I love reading your thoughts and responses.